15th August 2015, hutsul* mythic-opera-dance “Ole. Oleksa Dovbush” event will commemorate Oleksa Dovbush, legendary Carpathians’ hero, 315-year birth anniversary.
List of activities:
- Hutsulian mythic-opera-dance “Ole. Oleksa Dovbush” performance, by “Hutsulia” National vocal and choreography academic ensemble, Ivano-Frankivsk region philharmonic.
Event starts at 8 PM near the Bukovel mountain's foot;
- “Legends of Carpathians” paint art exhibition;
- “Carpathain Gold. Quest for Oleksa’s treasures” quest event. Registration form application is required. Adventurers should have compasses, flashlights and camera-equipped cell phones;
- Ethnic disco around the hearth. Ukrainian folk dances workshops;
- Hutsuls and opryshky* initiation ceremony.
*Hutsuls are an ethno-cultural group who for centuries have inhabited the Carpathian mountains. Hutsuls regard themselves as being part of the broader Rusyn ethnic minority and/or as Ukrainian highlanders.
*Opryshky movement was the main form of class struggle of the peasantry against feudal oppression in Carpathians.
Supported by Olexandr Shevchenko, people’s deputy of Ukraine.
Organizer: “Art Bukovel” event agency.
+38 098 1000 200